Friday, August 7, 2009

CBC #1

Luke and I went to our first Child Birth Class tonight. Let's just hit the highlights:
1. Despite our instructor's 4 attempts at introducing everyone in the class, she only introduced the couple closest to her ((a total of 3 times)) before distracting herself and moving on to a new topic. This made me laugh on the inside.

2. When we were discussing how to know how far apart your contractions are, Luke kindly whispers, "I bet the iphone has an app for that", at which point I start laughing and realize I have the most goofy husband in the room and that Madelyn is going to be one lucky girl.

3. We watched a video that discussed the stages of labor. It was very graphic in nature and this caught me by surprise. I realized at that moment that all of our joki
ng about Luke needing a stretcher next to me when I am delivering, might actually become a reality.
4. Once the video was over, we (along with the others in the class) quickly realized that our instructor was all tuckered out from a long day of work (or she wanted to avoid the graphic nature of the video), because she was snoozing. Once she came to, she proceeded to tell us repeatedly she was "thinking ahead to the next class".
5. To celebrate our new found knowledge on the birthing proces
s we treated ourselves to a cookies and cream shake from Chick-fil-A. Yummy!
I love this guy!

*Kathryn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comment love! :)

Friend Counter