Tuesday, November 15, 2011

life lately via Instagram

I loved coming home to this sweet home made sign. My hubby is awesome.

I got MK a few treasures from our stop at the equator in Uganda and was delighted when she loved them! She was so excited and kept thanking me! Such a sweetie :)
My sister came in town for a quick visit with one of her mentors from South Africa! We ate at Don Juan's (her fav) and enjoyed some good conversations!
We took our little ballerina trick-or-treating. She was so cute and had so much fun!
MK had fun riding all the little rides at the mall during a PCM Chick-fil-A night.

Packing. Packing. Packing.
Luke brought me these beautiful calla lilies and a delicious Italian Baby Jane cake. Two of my favorites for sure! I may have hinted at the cake! Ha!
 My sweet friend Mariann dropped off some sweet things that morning. Such a fun little blessing!
 And Madelyn enjoyed the blue cupcake for breakfast!

The new house has rose bushes! I love the roses, but don't know the first thing about taking care of them. I guess I will have to learn...
After lots of packing, we picked up the U-haul. We had to get a semi small one because that is all they had available so we have made lots of trips back and forth in our cars! Yuck!
My dad, brother and mom helped us move while my sister helped entertain the munchkin. I am so thankful for all of them!
 This was our view out the window from our bed after our first night in the new house. Beautiful!
MK loved eating lunch after church with her cousins. She was a bit of a grump during the meal (thank goodness for iPhones) but still loved her time with the girls.
PCM had an awesome event called "The Heart of an Orphan". It had different stations where people could have a peek in to their daily lives. From seeing the clothes that they wear to eating a bite of one of their staple foods, it was just a neat time. I had the privilege of sharing a little bit about how special child sponsorship is!
 Emily loved trying to carry the blankets it on her head.
 I was worried Madelyn wouldn't like the idea of moving, but we were pleasantly surprised with how well she has handled the transition. It hasn't phased her one bit!
We made a trip (and now it can really be considered a trip since we are 35 minutes from it!) to Target to try to find the match to some curtains we already have. The new house has lots of windows (which I have grown to love) but since we have neighbors privacy is necessary!
Luke and I watched a big storm roll in one afternoon. It looked pretty eerie out over the lake, but made for some beautiful colors in the sky as well.
MK is finding a new home for each of her toys.
We still haven't ditched the pacifier at our house. I guess the only thing that gives me hope is that I have never seen a kindergartner with one in their mouth! Ha!
After a week of no TV, she was relieved to get to watch an episode of Blues Clues. She loves the "mail song" as she calls it. 
At an event called Super Night with Supermom we made these super cute felt pins. I made mine in to hair clips for MK because I am so uncool (probably proving my point by using a variation of the work cool) and never feel like I can pull off anything trendy.
My tough little girl has suddenly turned in to a drama queen when it comes to boo boos. Everything hurts "so very bad" and needs a kiss. Oh my! Where did I go wrong?
 It's footie PJ season again. Love it!
I have done about eight fall photo shoots since I've been home and have nine this weekend! I can't wait! I love scoping out beautiful locations.
MK's cough started sounding pretty rough so I took her to the doctor this week. Hopefully the steroids and antibiotics will get her back to her perky little self in no time!
I made grilled cheese sandwiches for dinner the other night. I cut MK's in to fourths. I have seriously waited all my life to do that. I love being a mom.
So that's what our life from the last two weeks in a nut shell via Instagram photos. Even though I don't feel like it makes us sound near as busy as we've been. Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comment love! :)

Friend Counter