Friday, July 5, 2013

Simple Summer Nights

I was never really a huge fan of summer. Pretty much the moment that summer did not equal instant freedom, I was over it. That all seemed to change when Madelyn entered our lives.

I remember the first summer after she was born, it was as if summer time was magic. The days were longer. We would sit outside for hours and just enjoy each other.

Simple summer nights on the front porch are my favorite these days.

Listening to this girl laugh, watching her play and just being together is the very best.

Coming home from the grocery store to MK running through the sprinkler with her fishing pole in hand  and amazing Daddy watching her play make me grateful for simple summer nights.

Each night brings with it a renewal and it feels so good.

“And so with the sunshine and the great bursts of leaves growing on the trees, just as things grow in fast movies, I had that familiar conviction that life was beginning over again with the summer.” 
-F. Scott Fitzgerald 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comment love! :)

Friend Counter