Wednesday, July 31, 2013

the power of an old red shirt.


I remember buying Luke this shirt. I put it in his Daddy survival kit just before Madelyn was born. When he put it on the day that she was born, I never would have dreamed that nearly four years later Madelyn would look this cute dancing around our living room in it!
I never would have dreamed that her laughter would literally fill our house
or that she would be so precocious, full of wit, charm and silliness.




If you told me that the little girl we met for the first time that day nearly four years ago, whose chest was pounding so fast that my eyes could not count the beats no matter how hard I tried, would be dancing through the living room singing, "My God is not dead, He is surely alive" at the top of her lungs in the same shirt that her daddy first held her in, I am not sure I would have believed you.




Tonight, after a day where her sassy little three year old personality almost made me crazy, I am immensely grateful for the way this worn out, red super hero shirt brought me to a place of humble thanksgiving.
Thanksgiving for this spunky girl who inspires me to enjoy the ins and outs of daily life more.

Thanksgiving for her health.

Thanksgiving for her thoughtful ways.
Thanksgiving for the way she loves unconditionally.






I am indescribably thankful to be Madelyn's mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comment love! :)

Friend Counter