Thursday, June 16, 2011

dilemma

At the top of Madelyn's favorite things to do is art. She enjoys creating, coloring, painting and of course glue! Lately I have been trying to decide what to do with all the artwork. I love having it on display but don't like the thought of making room for all the new art that is made on a daily basis. I know that saving every piece is not an option, but at this point the thought of throwing anything away is a little much for me! Ha!

So I posted my dilemma on Facebook the other day. I wasn't expecting much of a response but got lots of good feedback and ideas! I can't wait to put some of them to use. Some of my favorites are:

  • Binder...sheet protectors. Label the binder & put it on a shelf by date. You'll probably fill up several before her artistic years are over.
  • Scan them to your computer. Decrease the size and print them out. Laminate and add magnets for your refrigerator!
  • When the kids started school, I got them each a Rubbermaid storage box that is about the size of a piece of construction paper, but ...8-10" deep. Every day we'd go through their backpack & I'd hand them papers that would go in their "school box". At the end of every school year, I go dig through the box & cull out what I don't want to save forever.
  • For the grandchildren - my mother-in-law tapes one recipe to the back of the artwork and laminates it and keeps them in her homemade recipe book.
  • Frame 2-3 of them, scan the others and put them on one of those digital frames that shows all the photos of the artwork.
  • I take pics of them and save them on my computer to make a slide show screen saver.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! These are awesome ideas! As a teacher, I always wonder what parents do with the work that goes home... I'm so glad you posted this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I recognize a couple of those. Glad you found them helpful. Let us know what you decide to do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the cookbook idea! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comment love! :)

Friend Counter