Thursday, June 23, 2011

MOPS steering retreat

I've never really been the type of girl to "have lots of girlfriends". I have the most amazing women in my family and I love that I can call them friends. As for non-family girl friends...I didn't have much desire. I only had five bridesmaids because three of them were family. The other two, well, they are my BFF's (haha- I had to). They are the two that have been constants in my life. One through high school. The other since my first year of college. Beyond that, I could take it or leave it as far as other female relationships go. No big deal either way.

Last weekend we had our MOPS steering retreat. While these ladies may not be close friends of mine (some are but I just met some for the first time that weekend!), I am amazed at how God has totally transformed my heart in a way that I actually want to be around other women. This might sound foreign to some while others can totally relate. I am so thankful to be at a stage in my life where I am surrounded by women who love Jesus, their husbands, their children and people around them.

I am so thankful that Jesus has changed this heart of mine. That I'm not missing out on the bonds of motherhood.

3 comments:

  1. I love MOPS!!! I always say young moms need each other as much as they need extra batteries for the swing and bouncy seat. I'm glad y'all had a great steering retreat. I hope ours goes as well next month. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never lived near my family, so I have not known what it's like to hang out mostly with family, but I do know that God has put ladies in my life who have become like family. A dear friend in Quitman (we only lived there 4 years) is like a sister to me, she's the iron that sharpens iron kind of friend. She has blessed my life in so many ways, and we miss each other terribly! I am so glad the Lord has opened your heart in this way! It has been wonderful becoming friends with so many different God-fearing women who have taught me so much about Him through the many places we have lived.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can totally relate. I do have a lot of awesome friends (mostly women, but a few guys) in my life outside of family and I am grateful for them, but I'm not the type who has to be surrounded by other women all the time and constantly be planning shopping trips or GNOs or whatever. I guess it really boils down to being a homebody. :) I like my family & my home and that's where I want to spend the majority of my time.

    But that being said, the 1 year I spent in MOPS (as a table/group leader) was phenomenal. I never knew I 'needed' MOPS til I joined it. And I never knew I could lead anything til I was thrust into that position. I loved it!!! I hope you love it just as much!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comment love! :)

Friend Counter