Monday, September 6, 2010

a little randomness

Last Saturday night I tried my hand at cake decorating and tried to make a cake for Luke that somewhat resembled our wedding cake. Other than being black and white, I wasn't very close. However it was yummy (and it's the thought that counts anyways, right?).On the 1st we celebrated 3 years of marriage (and 7 years to the day since we started dating). I couldn't possibly be more blessed or have anyone better to walk through life with. He is the love of my life. My best friend. The leader of our house. An amazing father.

Happy Anniversary Mister! I love you!
________________________________________

Wednesday morning before we left for Dallas for Madelyn's time at Medical City, I went to the first MOPs meeting of the semester. I almost didn't go. We had just gotten in the night before from Madelyn's doctors' appointments and were leaving after lunch for the tests. I am so thankful that I did go though! My mentor mom is one of those ladies that you know means it when they say that they will pray for you. It was good to see her before the chaos of the traveling and tests. It was also great to just be in the presence of other women who love the Lord, love their husbands and love their children. It was so refreshing and I am excited about the semester ahead!
________________________________________

Our church started a new Kids' Worship Service on Sunday and Luke has been working really hard for several months to get everything ready for it. I'm excited to see how God uses him as the leader of these little ones on Sunday mornings.
________________________________________

Madelyn still loves hanging out in the nursery. For now I don't feel comfortable leaving her in there because of what has happened recently so I have had the chance to sit back and watch her play.
________________________________________

I am thinking of writing a book titled, Conversations Between a Father and His Daughter. It would include the details of the dialogue between Luke and Madelyn. My most recent material for the book... I overheard Luke quoting Philippians 2:14 (Do everything without complaining or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure, children of God without fault in a crooked and depraved generation, in which you shine like stars in the universe...") to Madelyn while the two of them were in our bedroom the other day. He shut the door to the closet so Madelyn wouldn't go in and she screamed at him. "All I ask of you is that you do what Daddy asks without complaining. Or screaming for that matter. I just want you to shine for the world to see, Maddie Kate. That's all."

I was laughing so hard in the other room that I opened my computer and typed it up right then so that I wouldn't forget.
________________________________________

Emily spent the night with Rachel at our house last night.
We talked about what we could do today last night and we thought it would be fun to sew some things for her American girl doll, Kit. After a little brainstorming, she decided she wanted to make Kit a sleeping bag and a pillow.

I was so proud of her because she did so well! She measured how much material she would need and then made her cuts.
Then we went upstairs for the fun part. She knew how to work my machine after less than 10 minutes and was a sewing queen! I loved that she did it all herself...crooked stitches and all. It reminded me of when my mom let me sew growing up and all I knew how to make was pillows so I made everyone pillows. I think I took my Grandma 15 when we went up there one time.
________________________________________

Madelyn played peek-a-boo with Gigi, Papa and Great Granny on Skype tonight. It was precious. I am so thankful for technology (and I know Madelyn's grandparents are too!).

2 comments:

  1. Haha, I totally sewed SO many pillows too! And I would hem up my dresses to make shirts. And my mom actually let me wear them to school...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to be going to my first MOPS meeting in a week. I haven't been to one in years. I'm excited. It's time to get out there and meet other women in Christ in our new town.

    By the way, that cake turned out so pretty. Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comment love! :)

Friend Counter