Thursday, September 30, 2010

the perfect day for the ZOO...

Monday morning we said goodbye to Gigi, Papa and Great Granny. Madelyn (and I) were so tired from all of the festivities that we almost overslept and didn't get to say goodbye before they got on the road! Thankfully I woke up just in time for Madelyn to give everyone hugs and kisses. She gives the best sugars so I knew they would have been sad to miss out on them!
After they left we hopped in the car (forward facing...oh my!) and met some friends at the zoo. It was a beautiful day with awesome fall weather to spend at the Caldwell Zoo.
With all of the shade, it was even a little chilly. I bundled the little one up in a cute pair of tights and a little jacket. She was still a little sleepy for almost the first hour we were there...unusually quiet for a change.

That didn't last too long though. Madelyn perked up near the end and talked nonstop from then on.
I love these pictures of her and Logan. They were having so much fun rocking in the chairs together.



The weather made me look forward to consistent fall temperatures. Cool nights. The smell of burning leaves. Pumpkin spice lattes. Football stadiums lighting up every small town around. And now I can add adorable polka dot tights to my list of the things I love about fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comment love! :)

Friend Counter