Wednesday, March 28, 2012

the difference a year makes

Dear Madelyn Kate,
We visited the Azalea Trails today. You had fun running around with some of your friends. You did make me a little nervous considering your favorite thing to do to flowers is pick them and pull the petals off, but you mainly just looked today. That's a good thing considering how much time and money the families put in to the gardens so that others can enjoy them.

When we made it back home and I loaded the pictures, I couldn't believe how much you have grown and changed since we were there last year. You aren't my baby anymore. You are really starting to look like a beautiful little girl.

It seems with the change of each season so comes change with you. New words, new abilities and a continuously developing personality. I love that you are so in to storing telling right now. You begin most of your stories with, "Once upon a time..." and end them with, "Amen".

You are kind and compassionate. You are very bothered if someone around you is upset. You have a little twinkle in your eye that lets me know when you are up to no good! I love everything that makes you YOU! Learning about you and knowing you in this mother-daughter relationship has brought joy to my life in ways I cannot even begin to describe.

You are a blessing sweet girl and I love to watch you grow! I love you always.

Love,
Mom


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comment love! :)

Friend Counter