Saturday, January 28, 2012

a date with Grandma

When MK called Grandma upon discovering her papy had popped, Grandma praised her for being such a big girl and promised her a trip to Toys-R-Us. She was excited and since she can't drive yet, I was excited because it meant I got to go too. I love TRU. I remember shopping for my birthday present there one year with my sister and my dad. It seemed so humongous back then. I mean, it's still big, but not the way I see it when I think back to that birthday. I settled on a life size beauty shop thing. It was awesome. Many dolls lost their beautiful locks at that barber shop in my bedroom.

Anyway, we were excited.
We let Madelyn browse the aisles. When she found something she thought she loved we encouraged her to move on. After at least an hour or more of making our way up and down the aisles Madelyn settled on Sammy, a sweet pink puppy with a kennel and veterinarian equipment.

Then we headed to lunch at Olive Garden. We were definitely placed in the "kids section" which was a good call on the hostess' part considering it was past nap time and MK let us know it!
 
It was such a sweet date with Grandma and Madelyn fell asleep in the car on the way home with Sammy under her arm and no papy in her possession.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comment love! :)

Friend Counter