Sunday, January 1, 2012

New Year's Day

MK,
Today is a new day! A new year! I have always thought that New Year's Day is kind of a fun day. Most people are off work. Your grandma used to prepare a yummy New Year's Day meal when I was little (although I think black eyed peas are terrible and eating them on NYD is a plot by farmers to keep them from disappearing all together). Some stores have good post holiday sales. It's just a fun day! Another reason I have always loved NYD is because it brings with it a freshness. To do something new...leaving the past in the year that is ending and moving forward in to the new. You know why I love that so much? Because that ability, to truly leave something in the past, is because of Jesus.

"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come." 2 Corinthians 5:17

If we believe in Him, He has made us new!

Becoming who He has called us to be is a daily process and while I know that New Year's Day doesn't hold any sort of magic, it symbolizes the new! I think everyone can appreciate a fresh start every once in a while.

Some people make resolutions. Others make a resolution to make no resolutions. Some people think it's cliche. Everyone is different, but Daddy has always challenged me to make goals for the year. We set goals for the year that we want to reach personally and goals that we want to reach together! The first year we were married and he sat down with a pen and paper and asked me for my goals I was a little intimidated. However, I have grown to look forward to it. Grown to get excited about being challenged to make the year count! We haven't made our goals for this year yet, but I am sure we will soon.

We went to church this morning at Aldersgate, the church Daddy grew up in. It was so neat to worship there knowing that is where the roots of his faith were planted. The pastor challenged the congregation to make goals! It was great and refreshing and exactly what that sweet daddy of yours says to me each new year.
Then we spent our last full day at Gigi and Papa's house with Great Granny, Aunt Kenda and Michael too.


You adore Gigi and Papa!
We tried for a family shot with the remote, but it was a little tough since you were ready for a nap!
Take two!
This year these two will be married! Fun things are ahead in 2012, little girl! 

I can't wait to share each day with you!

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comment love! :)

Friend Counter