Sunday, May 2, 2010

it's been a day and it's only noon

This morning has been a disaster of sorts. It started off nice. Woke up to a happy seven month old that was giving me loving on my arms. We played on the floor while Luke got ready for church. Ate breakfast together. Took a shower. Bathed the baby. We both got dressed and ready for church. If you are thinking that doesn't sound like a disaster, that's because you insert the disaster part here. I went to put Madelyn in her car seat and I forgot it needed to be hooked in because we took it out yesterday. As I made my way around to put it in I noticed one of my tires was flat. No problem, we have an air compressor. I put Madelyn in the front seat with a toy so that I could take care of the tire and the car seat. She screams. And screams. And screams until she is so worked up that she is choking on all of her congestion. Before I know it, I turn around and she has stopped screaming. Stopped coughing. Stopped everything...including breathing. Her reflux and allergies (I think) have made for some major drainage and she has been pretty congested lately. I felt terrible because I was letting her scream so that I could get us ready to go. And then she quit breathing. She did it twice. I gave up on the tire and headed back inside to comfort the baby. Before we ever made it to the living room she was asleep. I knew right then that we were not going to make it to Sunday School. After two hours of her snoozing away, I realized we were not making it to church either. Things could only look up from here. Well, until she woke up and was coughing so hard that she threw up all over my hair and my face. G.R.O.S.S. I felt so bad for her.

So after a much needed second shower of the day, I decided I would blog about some happy things. It's only noon and the day has already been crazy, but yesterday my mom, sister, Emily, Madelyn and I went to First Monday Trade Days in Canton and found some really cute things.

My favorite finds of the day:

1. Crochet "Newsboy" Beanies
Luke loves short bill hats (it took me a couple of years to agree, but I have finally come around). When we saw these, and their unbelievable price tag, I knew I had to get some for Madelyn.
I put the flower clip on for a little extra girlie-ness.
I think they will look super cute with bows to match also!
It was too hard to decide which color to get...
so we settled on eight different ones. (Thanks Grandma!)

2. Hand Stamped Custom Necklace

L + K inside the heart and Madelyn on the disc.
I have been looking at several different websites and shops on Etsy at all the unique hand stamped jewelry that is becoming really popular and I have never been able to decide on what to order (although I have wanted to since she was born!).
Then I stumbled across the cutest little booth, Daisy Smiles Custom Jewelry and I fell in love. Not only was the owner super nice, she does the jewelry on site and at remarkable prices!! This is probably my favorite find of the day. I know I will be ordering more from her in the future!

3. Sippy Cup Strap
This will be perfect for the stroller or car seat when Madelyn gets a little older (probably in a couple of weeks actually). You strap one side to the car seat or stroller or high chair and the other to the cup. I am looking forward to not having to chase a sippy cup all over the place. Thank you Scribbles and Dribbles :)

4. Ribbon Holder
That is not what these were meant for, but they hold it perfectly. I always love looking at Laurie Anna's booth and her store is even better!
I bought two of them and my sneaky sister bought one "for herself" which was code for "Happy Early Mother's Day, Kathryn". That means I have three fabulous ribbon holders and I can say goodbye to the ugly plastic tubs they were in before!

Phew! Just writing about the awesome finds has already improved my mood. The rest of our day is going to be filled with a wedding shower and then celebrating my sister's birthday with the family. Maddie Kate and I plan to enjoy the rest of the day!

7 comments:

  1. I LOVE the necklace! You should see if she would let you do a giveaway with all this AWESOME free publicity you are giving her!

    Madelyn is pretty much the most precious child ever by the way. I love the pictures of her in the hats.

    What don't you do? You cook, bake, make bows and all sorts of cute girly goodies, are an amazing writer, fantastic mother, loving wife, AND a superb photog?? Seriously, you do it all and you motivate me with every post you write! Keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you do family photography shoots? I know you don't for a living, but I was looking at a friends pictures on her facebook and she said that you took them. They were amazing. If you do, I am interested!

    I too, LOVE the necklace and think I am going to order one today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree! DO A GIVEAWAY!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How much were the hats? Would they be cute on a boy?

    ReplyDelete
  5. She looks so cute in the hats. Yet another reason why I cannot wait to have a girl!

    I love the way you always share the fun things you find with us...my husband probably does not because I always end up buying them too!

    Everyday I look forward to your blog!

    *Jordan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kathryn, I can't wait for the day when sweet Maddie is free from that yucky old reflux. I can't imagine that a mommy's heart ever gets used to something so scary. I'm sorry that it's the norm for you. On a lighter note, I LOVE the ribbon holder. What a wonderful, fun way to display ribbon so that it's easily accessible.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kathryn, I totally agree with Lindsey...one day, reflux will be a distant memory and we will PTL when that day arrives! Maddie is amazing and deserves to be reflux free!!!!

    I got on here to tell you how AWESOME your photography was coming along and then what do I see? People wanting you to take family portraits of them? Amazing. I'm pretty sure there is NO end to your creativity!!!!

    Love you bunches, Lori and Kelsey!!!

    P.S. We can't wait until we are well enough to come play and have a reunion!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comment love! :)

Friend Counter