Friday, May 14, 2010

sorry kid...you have silly parents

Dear Madelyn,
There is one thing I may not have told you yet about your father...Daddy is obsessed with all things Apple. He only wishes that the iPad that he was fortunate enough to drool over play with on Thursday was his.
However, to his disappointment, it is not. He keeps saying that he "needs" one. I ask him if he "needs" one like I "need" an iPhone.
This makes Mommy laugh. Sometimes Mommy and Daddy act like kids at Toys-R-Us for the first time too.
Maybe we can save our pennies and buy him one for Father's Day 2011? Now that Daddy has gotten to play with one thanks to a friend from church, we are sure to hear about how awesome it is on a daily basis.

While Daddy was busy swooning over an inanimate object, you were busy crawling all over his office floor trying to eat the VBS mascot head. I would have thought this guy might have scared you (and it did when Daddy put it on), but all you wanted to do was grab his nose.
You did not stop until your mission was accomplished.
After a fun morning hanging out with Daddy at work and eating lunch with the staff, you and I headed to the house. Later that evening Daddy and I took you with us for a stroll around Target. I think you have grown rather fond of taking naps in the Target buggy.
I will miss the days when your sweet little feet barely hang out of the holes in the cart. I know soon enough you will want to walk beside me instead of ride.
Today we had a special morning as a family of three. We were able to tell your story for a good cause (I will tell you more about that later). After that we all went to lunch at Villa Montez. It has amazing Latin food! Some day you will get to enjoy it too, but today you stuck to yogurt melts and banana yogurt!
This was our first attempt at feeding you while we were in a restaurant and it went really well. I think I may have the confidence to do this more often!
Right now you are snoozing on Daddy's lap. You are such a Daddy's girl and I love it (so does he). We love you sweet thing.

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comment love! :)

Friend Counter