Thursday, May 6, 2010

bubbles, an ear infection & cousin time

It seems like every time I snap a picture of my little cutie lately it turns out like this...
She has been majorly congested (which happens from the reflux), but it has not gone away this time. So, this morning I decided to try to get her in to the doctor just to make sure there was not something else that I needed to be doing to help her get better. Since Emily was spending the day with us again today, she accompanied Madelyn and I to the doctor. She was such a sport...we waited in the room for nearly an hour!
I am so glad that I took her in just to make sure because she has an ear infection. I felt so terrible that I did not bring her sooner, but this kid is tough. She hasn't really fussed (except a little last night when she was in the nursery). She has pulled on and rubbed her ears since birth when she gets sleepy or mad so that did not seem to be anything out of the ordinary either. I am thankful for whatever it was that made me decide to make the appointment because we may not have known until it was really bad. She has already had round one of the ten day antibiotics, so she is on the road to recovery!

After a little shopping trip and a trip to Chick-fil-a that was a result of a bribe promise to Emily, we headed back to the house to hang out for the rest of the afternoon. When we went to Target the other day, Emily picked out matching bathing suits for all three girls. She has been asking to put hers on the second she walks in the door since then, so today we tried Madelyn's on too.
I was nervous that Madelyn might grab at Emily's nose while they were playing, but so far we have not had any tears!
Excuse the mess in the background (d0n't hold it against me). Every toy in our house is on the floor in one room or another. They've been there for two days now.
I am thinking Emily is just giving me a taste of what is to come as Madelyn becomes more and more mobile.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comment love! :)

Friend Counter