Friday, May 21, 2010

date nights...

Last night, after an afternoon of rolling around on the floor and playing at Grandma's, Aunt Rachel volunteered to watch Madelyn so that Luke and I could go out on a date.
It was so nice to get out just the two of us. We went to dinner at Olive Garden and to see a movie. I was about to say that I have not laughed that hard in a long time, but truth be told...I laugh a lot. We are always goofing around at our house...so laughing until it hurts is pretty much a daily thing for me...but we did have an awesome time! Thanks Rachel!

Ever since our first year of college, Luke has been begging me to learn to cut his hair. I tried once several years ago. It did not go so well. Today I tried again. I even bought some professional scissors hoping that would do the trick.
I did not take a before and after, but I should have. I DID AWESOME! Ha! Seriously though, I amazed myself with my mad hair cutting skills! (I am so humble...can't you tell??) The only reason that I am bragging on how well I did is because no one could possibly be more shocked than I was that it turned out so well. Or that it even turned out OK for that matter. I just knew I was going to have wasted the money on those scissors and we would still have to pay to get his hair cut (or fixed depending on how badly it turned out).

Luke has super thick hair that grows really fast. He could stand to have a hair cut every two weeks, but he hates to go to the barber shop (about as much as yard work). He always feels awkward and they almost never do what he wants them to do. Now, we will save about $40 a month because I will be able to do it for him. It's not perfect...but it's close enough! The most exciting thing...the $40 that we save on Luke's haircuts is just about the same amount of money that allows us to sponsor Emmanuel in Uganda through Parental Care Ministries.

This afternoon my little munchkin pulled out just about every toy that she owns. We have two baskets that slide under the coffee table and her new favorite thing is to climb under there and pull them out. Then she proceeds to take every toy out and place it on the ground.
Tonight while I was at the Stampin' Up baby scrapbook class put on by April, Luke and Madelyn had a Daddy/daughter night. They went to Target to purchase a baby gate for the top of the stairs, considering Madelyn has almost made her way to them a couple of times. Then they came home and the little one passed out and took a nap (way too late to be napping!). She has been way off schedule since Wednesday and tomorrow it will probably only get worse because we are going to Shreveport for a girl's day!

Madelyn loved swinging at the park yesterday so I thought I would post a video for Gigi and Papa to see...

1 comment:

  1. Gigi and Papa loved the video. Thanks for sharing with us.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comment love! :)

Friend Counter