Monday, May 31, 2010

Sleepover at Grandma's

Dear Madelyn,
Friday morning I packed your bags and loaded up all of your gear (which surprisingly wasn't much). Just after lunch, we headed over to Grandma & Grandpa's house for your first sleepover away from Mommy.
I was trying not to be emotional when we left because I knew you were in good hands and would have lots of fun (not to mention I was excited about a night away with Daddy). I gave you a couple of sugars and a hug. I don't think you even noticed that we were gone.

I left the camera with Grandma that way she could take pictures of all the fun that you had.
Aunt Rachel was babysitting the Baker kids (their mom and dad were in Dallas too) so they came over to hang out with you at Grandma's.
It looks like you had a lot of fun playing with Griffin and Mallory
and all the toys at Grandma's house.
Grandma said that you had a nice stroll around the neighborhood too.

All the fun must have worn you out. You slept really well and did not wake up until 5:30am (for a bottle...you've been doing that a little lately) and then went back to sleep until 8:30am.
Once you were awake for good, Grandma fed you a yummy breakfast.

Then it was play time!
I am sure you loved making some noise with the pots and pans!
I love this picture of you taking a bath in the sink.
You always give your smiles so freely and I love that. I know that you had fun in the sink, just like your cousins have in the past!
I know that you enjoyed your first sleepover away from Daddy and I (and my bet would be that Grandma loved it even more)!
Maybe now that I know I can survive without you next to me at all times :) we can do this again.
I love you sweet girl and I am glad you had a fun sleepover!

Love,

Mommy

1 comment:

  1. We are so Blessed....She is such a happy baby and so precious, can't wait to see you all again next month. love you three.. Great Grandma

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comment love! :)

Friend Counter