Friday, May 7, 2010

Maggie

Madelyn has been so good today despite her ear infection. I feel so terrible that she had one and I didn't even catch on! This morning when she was eating breakfast she kept yawning really big. It was so precious. She would open up for a bite, swallow, and then yawn. I thought she was going to fall asleep while I was feeding her! I am thinking that she has picked up on the word, "nap" because the moment I mentioned it, she started squealing and reaching for the camera as if to say, "Need a nap? Not me!" (phew...that was the longest sentence ever!).
Luke spent the morning mowing and weed eating and doing all things yard work. He has spent most of his spare time over the last 3 weeks trying to get the yard to look presentable. It's been a lot of work and there is still so much more to do, but he has done an awesome job! Three plus acres and about seven "flower beds"...he's a hard worker.

This afternoon I got to take pictures of a friend's three week old baby girl, Maggie while Luke and Madelyn ran some errands around town. I am by no means a professional photographer. Just a girl who has always loved taking pictures and enjoys taking pictures for friends. She was absolutely precious, had a head full of hair and was wide eyed the entire time! I couldn't believe how active she was! She was so active, that we are going to try again next week. We both had our hearts set on some sleepy newborn pictures, but here are a few of my favorites...

It is amazing how quickly you forget the days your own was that small. I have struggled a little lately. Luke and I have had several friends have little girls and my heart has been filled with jealousy when I see them holding their babies right after they were born or pictures of them leaving the hospital the next day. I guess I just wonder what that would feel like. Taking home a two day old baby. Every time I have those thoughts, I am reminded in some way of how special Madelyn's homecoming was. At the same time, Luke and I have talked about how much of a wreck we will be if we have another and we are able to take a brand new baby home from the hospital! Ha!

Tonight Luke's parents and Grandma are making the long drive up from the Rio Grande Valley to be here for Madelyn's baby dedication on Sunday. They have made that drive at least once a month since she was born and we are so thankful that they are willing to do so. I think if we went to them, Madelyn could easily stretch the 10 hour drive into 15 hours!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comment love! :)

Friend Counter