Thursday, September 22, 2011

Grandma's Funeral

September 20

We said goodbye to my Grandma on Tuesday afternoon. She was a remarkable woman and while I could go on and on about all that she was to me and all that she was to my family, my Aunt Nancy said it well:

"Henrietta was many things – a loving daughter and sister, a devoted wife, a treasured mother, grandmother and great grandmother (known as “MeeMaw Fee” or simply Grandma McAfee to her grandchildren and great grandchildren), a faithful friend, diligent volunteer, and devoted Christian.  She leaves a legacy of faith, dignity, grace and quiet perseverance in the face of what often seemed like insurmountable difficulties.  She taught her family many things, including unconditional love. She was, and will continue to be, an inspiration to us all."

I love you Grandma and will miss you.
This is one of my favorite pictures. It's from Grandma's 80th Birthday Party just over eight years ago. It has most of the grandchildren and a small portion of the great grandchildren in it (can you believe there are about 20 more grandchildren/spouses and great grandchildren that either couldn't be there or have been added to the family since then?). She loved each one and made us all feel special. That's just who she was.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comment love! :)

Friend Counter