Monday, October 31, 2011

The Sweetest Little Ballerina

I think Halloween could possibly be the strangest holiday to celebrate when you've just returned home from a country riddled with extreme poverty and preventable disease.  However, I did enjoy watching my sweetie have fun. This was her first "trick-or-treat" experience and she definitely loved it. Up until about 15 minutes before we left the house, we weren't sure what she was going to "be". I had intended on making her an owl costume before I left but time got away from me. Instead we decided that she could choose from one of the 10 or so outfits in her dress up collection. None of them sounded fun to her until I mentioned ballerina! That made her ears perk up and she started dancing around immediately. So, Ballerina it was!

My mom, Luke and I all took her to a local church to play a few games to kick off the night. It was packed, but she still had a great time playing the games.
We saw her sweet friend, Will, while we were there. Is he not the cutest little fireman you've ever seen? His mom made that costume!
After the fall festival, we went to my brother's house to take all of the girls trick or treating around their neighborhood. Cinderella, the fairy and the little ballerina were the cutest little bunch together.
We attempted group shots, but this was about the best I could do!


And then they were off!



It was so fun hearing Madelyn say, "trick or treat" all the way up to the door and then when they opened it, saying it ten times louder!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comment love! :)

Friend Counter