Thursday, December 22, 2011

Sixty-Five

My Dad celebrated a very special birthday today! He turned 65! It's pretty hard to believe considering how young he looks (and acts) but it was special for our family to gather around him and celebrate his life.
He is probably one of the hardest people to buy gifts for. He has lots of hobbies and interests but usually gets what he wants or needs.

He gets his annual pair of Wranglers and pajama pants, but beyond that we usually give him gift cards. 
This year I wanted to do something different. So, with help from my family we put together 65 envelopes that held 65 individual memories. We contacted friends, colleagues and family. It was so fun checking my mail box and watching as the letters came in. We got so many good laughs and I simply couldn't wait for him to open them.
 The little ones helped him with all his presents. They adore him.
I wasn't expecting him to read through them all that night, but he did! It was fun taking a trip down memory lane. We are all so thankful for him!
We took a break about half way through for cake and MK made sure to get her very own piece! My mom did an awesome job. I don't usually love chocolate cake, but it was delicious.
Happy Birthday Dad! We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comment love! :)

Friend Counter