Wednesday, December 21, 2011

today was his birthday

Today was Emmanuel's birthday! Our sweet little one from Uganda turned eight years old today.

Happy Birthday Emmanuel!!
As Madelyn and I were driving in to Tyler, I was talking to her about whose special day it was today. I told her it was Emmanuel's birthday and she instantly became excited! We sang "Happy Bir-ta-day Manuel" (her version) together. It was precious and as we sang I prayed he knew how much we love him and felt it in that very moment.
 
After singing, Madelyn immediately asked, "Where's the bir-ta-day cake?".  In celebration of Emmanuel, MK and I enjoyed a yummy sugar cookie covered in sprinkles. Her sweet little face lit up as she talked about Africa and Emmanuel and birthdays.

It was somewhat surreal knowing that someone so dear to us was celebrating a birthday and we couldn't see them or even call. I teared up for a few minutes as I longed to just give him a hug, but knew that he was being loved and cared for by people who love him dearly.
  
Dear Emmanuel,
You will never know what impact your precious life has had on our family. God has used you to turn our worlds upside down this year. He used you to make His truths and commandments real. He used you to bring to life dreams that have been ten years in the making.
 
He used you to motivate both Luke and I to travel half way around the world. You are such a special part of our family and I cannot tell you how thankful we are for you and that we were both able to hug you tight this year. We think of you often, pray for you constantly and know that some day we will see you again face to face.
I love you, sweet boy. I hope your birthday was special! We definitely celebrated you here!

Love,
Kathryn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comment love! :)

Friend Counter