Tuesday, February 21, 2012

My Own Very Hungry Caterpilla Coloring Book


Last March when we were visiting Luke's parents in the Valley, we visited the neatest little children's store in downtown Weslaco. A husband and wife owned it and you could tell by talking to them that their favorite part of the store was the book section. They had a few copies of My Own Very Hungry Caterpillar Coloring Book by Eric Carle and I bought two of them.

It's basically just a copy of the book, but all the illustrations are black and white and ready to be personalized with your own coloring. I wasn't sure exactly what I wanted to do with them, but as I watched Madelyn color the other day I had an idea. I decided I would let her color a page now and then again each year until all the pages are colored. I think she will be 11 (I can't even IMAGINE what 11 will be like??) when it's done. I dated the pages (two this time because she colored the title page too) and put it up on the shelf until some time after she turns three.
It was cute to watch her concentrate as she colored.








I can't wait to see what it looks like in 2020 when she's done with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comment love! :)

Friend Counter