Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Valentine's Day

I must admit, I love Valentine's Day. I listened to a friend rant (love you) all morning on the phone about how she thinks Valentine's is the most lame holiday there is. No reason to even acknowledge it. You should love your loved ones all year long (agreed) and not just one day out of the year. And on. And on. And on. Then she asked, "So what do you think?"

Honestly, I love any reason to celebrate. It's gotten more fun since Madelyn came along. We celebrate obscure things in our house so a day centered around a little extra lovin' for my favorite people? I'm in. Any reason to dote on my two is good enough for me. Celebrating is fun to me!

So, we got a few things for MK and put them out for her.

A close up of the heart garland Madelyn and I made together at the beginning of the month. It's a fun little Valentine/February craft and decoration. 
I'm not sure we will keep it up much past today but it's definitely a keeper to hang up for years to come!
Our sweet neighbors left some little goodies by the front door for Madelyn including this awesome super hero blow pop.
Madelyn wasted no time digging in to her chocolates. She took a little nibble of all of them in her box. Ha! 


I thought she looked SO grown sitting by all of her goodies. Luke made her a few awesome prints in photoshop, then printed them and had them framed.
I love them! And I know she will cherish them in years to come.
When Madelyn was a baby, I bought two cardboard play houses from somewhere online for next to nothing. This little cottage was less than $10 shipped! It's been in a box in our garage waiting for a special occasion or rainy day to come along for us to use it. Today seemed like a great day since we have been confined for a little bit to the house. Madelyn loved it. She made us both try it out too.





After a little playing around the house when Luke got home from work, Madelyn and Luke delivered a thank you Valentine to the neighbors house and then we went to my parent's house to spend some time with them. It was a fun day all around!

I love you both, Madelyn and Luke. I know that you know that every day but it sure is fun celebrate you February 14 too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comment love! :)

Friend Counter