Monday, February 27, 2012

zoo pals

This morning when we woke up, I KNEW we needed to get out of the house for a bit. MK woke up extra early, I had a few loads of laundry I wanted to ignore (at least for the morning-just keeping it real) and it looked like it was going to be a nice day out.

We tossed around ideas of going to a few different places but picked the zoo and met some friends there. Madelyn had so much fun with Hannah (or nana as MK calls her) while I enjoyed talking with her mom (and baby brother Ethan!). They ran around, looked at the animals and giggled. Madelyn doesn't have too many girl friends that she plays with regularly so I know she was loving it.

She also has quite a fascination with animals. It was our first zoo trip of 2012, but I know there will be many in the days ahead.




I am so glad these little zoo pals had such a fun time together!

Before we left our house to head to the zoo, I was telling Madelyn that we were going to see the animals. She was beyond excited. She had a little celebratory dance party in front of the mirror then scurried to her bedroom. I jumped in the shower to get ready and she ran back in our master bathroom and said, "Mommy, I need to pack a bag so I can spend the night with the lions and tigers and jaguars. What should I bring?" I was pretty much at a loss. My first thought was a rifle, but I didn't really answer beyond telling her that we were just going to visit then come home.

 When I got out of the shower, I found her just like this.

Caught! Can you see that oh-no-I'm-busted-grin under those sunglasses? She was pulling everything out of her closet looking for just the right things to pack in her overnight bag for her zoo sleepover. In her pile and on her already were sunglasses, two hats, rain boots, a bow and lotion. 


I love her imagination. Love it.

1 comment:

Thank you for the comment love! :)

Friend Counter