Thursday, August 19, 2010

all over the map

Today I called the cable company (which we also use for home phone and internet) to inform them that the cable that we canceled several weeks ago was still on (I wanted to make sure that we weren't being charged for something that we never watched-it took us two weeks to realize it was still on). At first I guess I wasn't making any sense because the customer service lady said, "Honey...you are all over the map. Could you just back up and start over?". I am sure she is right. I probably didn't make any sense. She really must have thought I was a moron though because she kept saying, "Honey, it shows that the man has come out and disconnected your cable. Are you sure you aren't mistaking it for a DVD in your DVD player?".

Anyways, just like my inability to communicate effectively with the customer service lady today, I have a feeling that this blog is going to be all over the map. Here goes nothing...

The first thing Madelyn wanted to do on Monday was play with her toys. She pulled every single one of them out in the living room and just looked around and smiled. It was a look of complete satisfaction.She was happy to be home to all of her toys!
That didn't hide the fact that she was overly tired though. She took two nearly three hour naps and went down to bed early. She was so worn out!
Tuesday morning she woke up happy but it was pretty obvious she was still tired. She was clingy, napped a lot and kind of fussy. That didn't stop her from pulling all the tupperware out of the cabinets and flashing her silly face every time I picked up the camera.
That night she discovered her tongue (which happens to be SUPER long). She would stick it out on command but it was always sticking out a little to the left?!
Aunt Rachel stuck out her tongue too and Madelyn tried to lick it!
Ever since then she will stick her tongue out (or grab it) on command (I feel like I am talking about a puppy dog doing tricks when I say that).
I have started to make a few things for Madelyn's birthday party (is it really possible that she will be 1 in a month??) and decided in the process that I love this whole party planning thing! I had a couple of crafty things I wanted to get done so I am pacing myself (or else they will all get done in the wee hours of the night before or not at all-because that's how I roll-but I have tried to be more intentional about things lately so I am starting early!) Here is a little sneak peek!
For the last two weeks I have been calling Madelyn, "tri-cer-a-tooth" because her third tooth has popped through! It's on the top and taking it's pretty little time coming in, but will be completely out soon. She has been chewing on everything and drooling like crazy.
Do you think it's time we bought some of those (impossible to install) clips for our cabinets? I do. I have washed all of our tupperware at least six times in the last week because she pulls it down to play with it. Not to mention all the other things she has gotten in to.
I will be making a trip to Babies-R-Us tomorrow for sure.

Wednesday night at church Madelyn went back to the nursery for the first time since she quit breathing a couple of weeks ago. The ladies that are in there are great! Before I took her over, I let her say, "Hi!" to everyone, gave her some super sweet sugars and helped her walk around the student building.
I love my sweet girl and every little detail about her.

I put some of Allison's old squeaker shoes on to see if it encouraged her to walk. It was WAY too loud in there, so she may enjoy it more once she can actually hear the squeaking!
Hopefully I wasn't too "all over the map". If I was...oh well. Get a bigger map :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comment love! :)

Friend Counter