Saturday, August 7, 2010

the simple things

Sometimes it's the simple things that I treasure the most. The way Madelyn rubs her eyes in the morning before she is fully awake and smiles at me. The way my sweet husband's eyes light up when he looks at Madelyn. The way Madelyn puts her feet up against the front of her high chair when she is taking her bottle.
Every time I see it, I smile.
Every morning after she wakes up and plays for 30 or 45 minutes, she drinks a bottle. Every morning while she is taking her bottle, I get to see those sweet little toes pushing against her high chair.
I love it and I know that some day I won't remember how much it made my heart happy to see it, or that she even did it, so I had to take some pictures.
Another one of the simple things that I have been treasuring lately is Madelyn's determination to get what she wants. I gave her a mum-mum the other day and there was an open bag of veggie straws on the bar. I guess she decided she'd prefer the tasty veggie straws over the bland mum-mum and she made sure she got one.

Actually she got about 20.
There are so many moments that can pass by without second thought, but when you look back on them they are so precious. Simple moments like pushing cars across the coffee table with Grandma can be nothing or they can be treasured for the sweet time that they are.


It's the simple things that too often pass me by. The simple, everyday things that at second glance I treasure the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comment love! :)

Friend Counter