Tuesday, August 17, 2010

goodbye for now

Thursday afternoon was a little emotional for me. Madelyn hung out at the house with her daddy while my sister, a friend and two awesome girls went back to school shopping and then to take senior pictures for one of the girls.

Over the last several months, we have gotten to know Megan and Samantha and we recently found out that they were moving. They are two of the students in my husband's student ministry and have been faithful since the day they started coming. They are intelligent, sweet, goofy and joys to be around so the news of their upcoming move was a bummer to everyone.

Samantha is going to be a senior this year and we had talked about doing her senior pictures since the beginning of summer. We finally had to set a date and go for it in order to squeeze them in before the move (which happened Sunday). After a little back to school power shopping, she got her makeup freshened up at Dillards and we were on our way.I am by no means a professional photographer, but we got some really cute shots.

Megan (on the left) is going in to her junior year so I told her we will have to do this again next year!
After a long afternoon of shopping, taking pics, a little more shopping and a really late dinner, it was time to say goodbye. Of course that meant one last group shot!
Nerds. They got new backpacks and were showing them off so Luke had to get his out so he wouldn't feel left out.
This is Luke's version of a big bear hug. He reserves the big squeezes for special moments (and for me) so I thought it was pretty sweet when I saw this.
Then I am pretty sure the girls pinched him or something like that because he went from sweet to screaming (in the most manly way possible of course).
My husband is the biggest goof ball ever. Sometimes it embarrasses me, but his craziness always makes me laugh. I think I have perfected the head shake that says, "I'm in total disbelief that the man I am married to just did that" and I am pretty sure that I did that right after he picked their noses. (I almost deleted that sentence four times but then realized that it doesn't really matter- ha!)
It was definitely hard saying goodbye to these two sweet girls. We know that their futures are full of amazing things and I am confident that if they don't make a trip down to Texas in the next year, we will have to take a road trip to see them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comment love! :)

Friend Counter