Wednesday, August 18, 2010

OKC roadtrip 2010 day 3

Sunday morning the girls were SO tired. Madelyn and Alli took a bath together while Emily helped Aunt Sharon make waffles for everyone. It is so funny how both of these girls are so fun and full of personality but so different all at the same time.
Madelyn was ready to play and splash with her cousin but Alli was not having it at all.
She kept giving me the evil eye when I would try to take her picture.
The second I took Madelyn out of the tub, Allison was happy and ready to play. It was hilarious.

After breakfast we said goodbye to Aunt Sharon and Uncle Mike and headed to my Grandma's house to spend a little time there before we got on the road again.
I love this picture of Madelyn, Allison and (my other) Uncle Mike. He is over 6' 6" (not sure how tall exactly) and Madelyn and Allison look so tiny standing up next to him.
Finally Alli came around and wanted to play with Madelyn. That was until Aunt Nancy gave Emily and Alli silly bands. Alli was totally in to them but she did not want Madelyn anywhere near them. "No get my dilly bands Maddie Kate". Her voice is precious and she has her own sweet way of saying her words. It made me so excited to hear how Madelyn will talk!
This is probably my favorite picture from the whole trip. MeeMaw Fee with her three Tyler great granddaughters!
Madelyn adores her MeeMaw!
So does Allison!
They spent time chatting about the Ok-a-homa, "dilly" bands and canes of course.
Madelyn soaked up a little last minute cuddle time with Aunt Nancy before we loaded up the car for the drive home.
Ever since I was a little girl there have been certain things that I could count on when we would make our trips to Oklahoma City. My Aunt Nancy would always make the best chocolate chip cookies you have ever tasted in your life and bring them to my Grandma's house for everyone to devour. My Aunt Sharon would make at least one fabulous meal complete with cute table decorations. And...when the time came for us to head home, my Grandma would always stand on the porch as we drove off...waving, blowing a kiss and fighting back tears. I love all three of those things. The predictable things that make it feel special and like home. I had to get a picture and I will always treasure that.
The road home was as comical as the trip up. The girls were hysterical. Their interactions kept all of us laughing. They really are AWESOME car riders! I have heard horror stories about people's kids screaming when they are on road trips and I am so thankful that these girls are not like that.
For the most part they were all smiles.


Especially when we stopped for dinner they were happy little girls.
I'm not sure whether they were more excited about not being stuffed in a car next to each other or eating in general. Whatever it was, they were silly little girls while we were there.
Our road trip was SO much fun. I am so glad that my mom convinced all of us to go at the last minute. The suburban was amazing. And just because this sight made me laugh...
I had to share.

Until girls road trip 2011...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comment love! :)

Friend Counter