Sunday, August 22, 2010

big girl and ballet

I am so ready for fall. I think that there isn't much cuter than a baby in jeans. Last Thursday the sky was overcast and it was rainy for most of the afternoon. It was a cool 94 degrees outside and Madelyn and I were going to be out for the afternoon so I put some of her jeans on her. I knew we would be inside the entire time so I wasn't worried about her getting too hot. She looked so big.
That afternoon Madelyn and I picked Emily up from day care. It was her second to last day of day care and it was so strange to me to think that it would be the last time that I would ever pick her up from there. I cannot believe what a big girl she is. Although I know she is going to miss the day care and all of her friends, I am confident that she is going to love school.

Maddie Kate and I had the privilege of taking her to her very first Ballet class at Candy Crocker. She was so excited and anxious to get there. On the way to the class she wanted to stop at Chick-fil-A for a snack but when it came time to eating it she said she couldn't because she was so nervous.
There were 19 little darlings in her class and because she had taken ballet at day care she was the only one that knew all of the answers to the instructors questions.
Madelyn and I had fun trying to peek through the window to get a glimpse of the little ballerina!
I can't believe what big girls they both are (in their own ways)!! I am not sure how well I will handle it when the day comes for Madelyn to enroll in dance classes and go to school (sigh).

1 comment:

  1. you will be there with camera in hand, trying to get as many shots as possible and loving every minute of it.....that's why God eases us into these things....love you'll...Great Granny

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comment love! :)

Friend Counter