Wednesday, August 18, 2010

OKC roadtrip 2010 day 2

The six of us girls spent the night at my Aunt Sharon's house in Edmond. It was a big slumber party for sure and I am sure that my Uncle Mike was feeling a little out numbered by all of the females.I had to wake Madelyn up around nine because I knew if I didn't she could have slept until one or later. If we were at home, I would have let her sleep, but considering Saturday was our only full day in OKC, there was no time to that!

Allison woke up happy and ready to play (even though she isn't smiling...she was laughing and having a good time).
Madelyn woke up happy too but on the way to Grandma's house both of the little ones crashed. They were so worn out so we let them nap once we got there. Even with a house full of talking and laughter they slept for quite a while!
Once they woke up they were ready to see everyone.
This is the second time Madelyn has seen Lisa! We were able to see her at Easter too.
I love it when there is a full house at my Grandma's house!
Allison is following in her big sister's footsteps as a little entertainer. She definitely wasn't shy.
I think that every time everyone gets together we take a picture of my mom, her siblings and Grandma in this same spot in her dining room.
My cousin Emily with the little girls and Nathan (Lisa's son).
Madelyn is not normally found running around in just her diaper but when it is 105 degrees outside and you are in a packed house, it gets hot! She was so sweaty so we stripped her down.
She kept giving everyone the silly face on command. I love it!

Notice Allison wanted her clothes off too! I have a picture from when I was about Madelyn's age sitting on those same steps in a diaper. I am going to have to dig that out a box and scan it.
I think I took this picture as Emily was asking me for the thousandth time when were going to go swimming (even though I had answered it!). She is so funny when she gets something stuck in her head. Finally she just told me that if I would "just answer the question every time she asked then we wouldn't have a problem". I am thinking a career in management is in her future.
Madelyn was asleep when everyone went down to the pool. I actually thought she was going to sleep through the night considering she slept from 5:30 on and they left around 8:00pm. She woke up right as they were pulling away so I let her drink a bottle before we joined the fun.
She loved swimming with Grandma!
How cute are these three little cousins?

Nevermind that it was way past their bed time...these girls were having a blast.

When Emily was three we took a girls roadtrip to OKC. It was my mom, Rachel, Emily and I. When Madelyn was born I kept thinking of how fun that was for all of us and how we need to make it a tradition. I'm so glad we have started that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comment love! :)

Friend Counter