Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Moore Farms Pumpkin Patch

I am one of those people that hates being late, but I can't remember the last time that I actually arrived on time to something (no need to mention early...that never happens anymore). So this morning, when Mariann called and said that she was the only one at the pumpkin patch and I was just around the corner...all I could think was, "I'M NOT THE LAST ONE!!". I am almost always the last mom to arrive to our MOPS meetings, so this was pretty exciting to me.

The funny thing is, we ended up being the only two (plus the babies of course) that showed up at all out of all the MOPS groups from Tyler that were "on the schedule". It was rather comical. The babies (notice I am not saying toddlers...I'm completely OK with denial at this point) could have cared less.

We spent an hour out there watching a little skit about pumpkins, letting them explore, taking lots of pictures and occasionally glancing over our shoulders to see if anyone was going to show up!
Madelyn loves to be outside and the more she starts walking, the more fun it is for both of us!
"Mom, where is he going with my stroller??"
This was our attempt at a self portrait. Apparently smiling at a camera propped up on a hay bale and pumpkins doesn't make Logan and Madelyn smile?
This was the best that I could get! She did not want to take her eyes off the windmill.
One of my favorite things about this stage with Madelyn is that she has this amazing look of wonder and awe in her eyes when she encounters new things. It makes me want to take her somewhere that she has never been every day or do something that she has never done just to see that look!



October has never been my favorite month. It's always just been the month that precedes the one where I finally get to decorate for Christmas! This year, I am realizing just how much I love October. The beginning of fall. A break after "birthday month". Beautiful weather. I think for the first time in my life, I am truly enjoying October!

I absolutely love this sweet, little pumpkin.
How cute are these two little buddies??


Despite the fact that we were the only ones to show up, we had so much fun! We even hit up the mall and Chick-fil-A to end the morning.

1 comment:

Thank you for the comment love! :)

Friend Counter