Friday, October 29, 2010

a stolen moment

Madelyn and Luke accompanied me to a photo shoot yesterday. I wasn't sure how that would go. Would they be a distraction to the family I was trying to photograph or a help? Overall, I think they actually helped us snag some great family portraits by getting the attention of the handsome two year old boy.While the family of three was wiping hands and faces and adjusting clothes to be just right, I glanced over to check on my crew. What I saw was almost overwhelming at the time. Madelyn and her Daddy dancing and laughing without a care in the world. Their smiles were bright. The laughter was sweet. Completely unaware that they were being watched.

It was a stolen moment.

Stolen moments are my favorite. Ones when those you love (or even ones you do not know) are full of joy and do not know that a bystander is admiring from afar. Like when I was at the hospital the other day visiting my Grandma and she was mouthing, "I love you" to my mom from across the room. Or when my big brother snuggles his babies close. And the time I was at Target and saw a new mother doting over her newborn baby while picking out clothes.

Over the course of the last year I have had many "stolen moments" watching Madelyn and her Daddy. Most of them aren't caught on camera. A few have been (like this one...also one of my favorites). This time I was lucky. It's going to be framed for sure.

1 comment:

Thank you for the comment love! :)

Friend Counter