Wednesday, October 6, 2010

happy homecoming day

It's 5am and I have been awake for a few hours. This is usually what happens when I go to bed before 11pm. I'm awake and ready to face the day when it's still dark out and everyone else is sleeping. It's a very unfortunate thing at about 9am when I am ready to crash and my little ball of sunshine starts to stir. What does one do at 3am you ask?Count her blessings.

One year ago today we brought our little miracle home from the hospital for the first time.

Madelyn Kate,
Your homecoming was anticipated much. At the same time, it was frightening. I was used to the security that came with a nurse giving you constant care and attention as well as monitors that alarmed us at the first sign of trouble. You were so tiny that I struggle to remember how you felt in my arms that day. I remember the moment we walked through the door to the house. Relieved to be home. Excited to give you a tour of the room we had prepared for you. Through the course of the last year, we have watched you grow from the newborn baby in that picture into a beautiful and spunky toddler within the safe walls of this house. Happy Homecoming Day sweet girl.
I love you,
Mommy

1 comment:

  1. it's hard to remember that our babies were ever that little! happy homecoming day sweet madelyn!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comment love! :)

Friend Counter