Sunday, October 10, 2010

no characters. no cats.

Dear Madelyn,
I have a confession to make. Since before you were born, I have had 2 rules about your clothing:

1. No characters of any kind until you are old enough to ask for them by name.
2. No cats. Yesterday I was pulling out a few fall outfits and that included a pair of Halloween pj's that I bought for you last year on clearance. My jaw dropped when I saw a big black cat staring back at me on the shirt. I was baffled as to how I could have made that mistake! SO many little girl's clothing items have cats on them (I have NO clue why?), and I am always very careful to make sure what we get you does not. I am not a fan of cats. They make me sneeze and my eyes itch. More than being baffled that I had bought the "cat pajamas" ( I can't believe I am about to type this)...I actually still thought they were cute.

AND I LET YOU WEAR THEM TODAY.
Sigh.And the writing next to the cat said it best, "So cute it's scary".
You rocked the cat pj's for most of the day today as we stayed home due to yet another ear infection. This doesn't mean the rules have changed. They are still in place. No characters. No cats (except the cat pj's that your crazy mommy bought herself).

Forgive me? I hope so.

Love you sweet girl,
Mommy

2 comments:

  1. I am the same way, I don't want my kids wearing characters or light up shoes, I am just NOT crazy about them!!

    I will let my 3 year old, every now and then wear a character shirt to bed but thats only because he is begging for me to get him one. Hehee!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how it looks as if she's pointing to herself in one of the pics where you can see the writing that says, "So cute it's scary." She's precious!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comment love! :)

Friend Counter