Saturday, October 16, 2010

Pappy's Pumpkin Patch

Two Friday's ago (even though this past week has actually felt like a whole month), the three of us spent the morning at the Bell Family Farm just outside of Tyler. I am pretty sure that Mr. Bell and I would be friends if we knew each other. From what I hear, he sounds like a fantastic guy. He opened Pappy's Pumpkin Patch with one goal in mind: providing a place for families to spend time together and make memories regardless of their income. The activities are free. If you want a pumpkin, you buy it. If you don't want a pumpkin, you don't buy one. Of course we bought two after hearing a little about the farm and Mr. Bell.

I think a family trip in mid October to Pappy's is going to be a family tradition at our house. When Madelyn is older there are will be so many more fun things for her to do...play on the playground, face painting, train ride, picnic, hay bale maze and more!

This year, we just enjoyed watching Madelyn walk through the pumpkins and took LOTS of pictures!I know it wasn't technically her first pumpkin patch since we had gone that week to another, but we didn't actually go see the pumpkins at that one so I took her picture in the little cauldron just for kicks.

Madelyn and I took the hay ride to the pumpkin patch while Luke followed behind with the camera to snap some pictures.

Madelyn loved the pumpkins.
She also loved to watch all of the other little kids and their parents. I have a feeling she is going to be a people watcher like her mommy.
She and Daddy worked hard to pick out some pumpkins to take home with us.




In the last few weeks Madelyn has really had a lot of time outside among the elements since the weather has been nice. Unfortunately I think she has consumed about a pound of dirt! Every time I turn around she's grabbing a fist full and going straight for her mouth (makes me gag just thinking about it). Hopefully this dirt eating phase doesn't last long!
We can't wait to go back next year!

1 comment:

  1. i LOVE the cauldron picture! i love that it has legs, it's awesome! madelyn kate is so precious!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comment love! :)

Friend Counter