Friday, April 16, 2010

and on Thursday...

We took it easy around the house in the morning.
I am not sure how tall my Uncle Mike is, but considering the average door frame is six feet eight inches, I am guessing that he is somewhere near there. I hope Madelyn gets a little of the "height" gene from my mom's side of the family, but considering my mom did not get it and I did not either (obviously), I don't think she has much of a chance! It's amazing how small Madelyn looks in his arms!
She loved playing with him. He sang to her, made silly faces and took precious pictures. Hopefully some day we will be able to make a trip out to Oregon to visit!
After a relaxing morning, we went to the mall for a little shopping and lunch at the food court. Just about every time I step foot in a mall I realize how sad ours is at home. Oh well. I guess it makes out of town shopping trips that much more fun! I was somewhat on a mission for a little dress for Madelyn's baby dedication that is coming up in a few weeks but did not really see anything that I just loved (that was not over $100-gasp). I know she has plenty of dresses, but I really want a simple, white, smocked dress! The hunt is on.
After a little more shopping we went over to my Aunt Nancy's house for a yummy dinner (as always). Madelyn was pretty worn out by then and took a little nap on the floor when we first arrived.
I think this is a great picture of my mom with her brother, sisters and mother.
And this one is even better of just the girls. Some things never get old I guess :)
Even though Madelyn was really sleepy and uncooperative, we tried to get a picture of the four generations together.
All of my life I have dreamed of having a "four generations picture" of my own. I know that may sound silly, but I think it is so special. I vividly remember a newspaper article from when I was a small child that had a picture of a local family. It was four generations together at the hospital. Seeing that at such a young age, long before even thinking about marriage much less babies, I remember wondering if I would get the chance to experience that. It's somewhat rare these days and 100% priceless to me.

Children’s children are a crown to the aged. -Proverbs 17:6

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comment love! :)

Friend Counter