Wednesday, April 6, 2011

surprise, surprise!

Late last night MK started running a fever. Despite giving her some Tylenol, she woke up with a fever this morning. I decided to get her a doctor's appointment because she was completely pitiful at home. Thankfully we got an early appointment with the Pedi. Not ten seconds after we walked in the door Madelyn was a totally different child! She was smiling, laughing and jumping all over the waiting room. I was in total disbelief. I seriously considered leaving. I didn't want to waste the doctor's time (or our money) if she was just teething. I joked with my friends that if the baby whisperer was there to translate her babble that she would have told me MK's, "blahbidy-blah-dabi-ya" was really, "Mwahahaha! All I really wanted was a Dora sticker" (because you know I have an aversion to all things "character"). Well, as it turns out it was a good thing that we toughed it out the hour of her climbing on all the furniture and acting like a perfectly well child because she was actually pretty sick.

The doctor said she was having an asthma flare up causing her to wheeze and have labored breathing. SO, now she's on steroids, two inhalers instead of just the one and we will start an antibiotic soon if she isn't feeling better. I'm so glad that we stuck it out and am praying she is on the mend soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comment love! :)

Friend Counter