Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Rehearsal Dinner

My cousin, Matt, married his sweet bride, Emily, on Saturday. I love weddings. They remind me of mine and Luke's special day and that is enough in itself to make me enjoy them! Their rehearsal dinner was at one of mine and Luke's favorite OKC restaurants, Iron Starr.My Aunt Nancy let my sister, mom, Aunt Sharon and I help her set the decorations for the tables. They were beautiful. She thought of everything...even potato heads for the little ones!
It was beautiful when we set it up that afternoon but gorgeous once the sun went down and the candles were lit.




I am super excited that I was able to bring one of these centerpieces home :)
Mom, Rachel, Grandma, Luke, Madelyn and I arrived a little early just to make sure that everything was lit. Since it was and looked perfect, we used up our time taking a few pictures!

We shared a table with my Aunt Sharon and her family, so we had a great time. Wonderful food, laughter and great company equals a perfect evening in my book.
Madelyn loves Beth!
Emily, the bride-to-be, came over to say hi to Madelyn. They have seen each other a few times before, but Madelyn has definitely grown in to quite the big girl since the last time.
She did really well despite the fact that dinner started at bed time and we played pass the baby with her. She gave some love to everyone including MeeMaw,
Grandma,
and her Great Aunt Sharon.
It was fun listening to all the toasts from friends and family to the bride and groom. Stories of the beginnings of their relationship, their love for each other and lots of moments for laughter. Their joy and happiness was pretty evident by the constant smiles on their faces!
Of course there were lots of photo ops too. I was glad to get a picture of my mom with her sisters and mom since I wasn't sure if we would get one the next night.
And we were able to get some cousin pictures as well!
My sister was missing from the picture because she was sweet enough to take MK home. She was done behaving and ready to crash so we were definitely thankful!
After we helped clean up a little bit, we drove around to see some of the lights at Chesapeake. Their display is absolutely magical each year! The pictures don't do it justice. I should have tried to get a picture of the hundred or more people down around the courtyard taking pictures in the freezing cold.
Mom snapped a quick picture of Luke and I in front of one of the trees.
We weren't really up for standing out in the cold for too long, but it was definitely worth driving around and looking at from the warmth of our car! It was a fun way to end a sweet evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comment love! :)

Friend Counter