Saturday, February 27, 2010

5 months

Dear Madelyn Kate,
You are 5 months old. Every day with you is a new adventure. I love it. Just when I think I have you all figured out, you start something new. On Wednesday morning (your actual '5 month birthday') you sat up for 10 seconds on your own. Oh my! I am not sure who was more shocked...me or you!! Then on Thursday you rolled over from back to front on the floor (you had just been rolling over on our bed). I missed it, but you began squealing right away!
You love to talk. I think you get that from me. The other day we were talking back and forth and I had a little day dream to the day when we will have our first mother-daughter chat. For now, when we talk, you always have a serious look on your face when you respond. You raise and lower your eyebrows and change your expression with each sound. I wish I knew what you were thinking.You have met a lot of new people this month. You love going to youth group on Wednesday nights. I think you are going to be a social little thing, because you are always looking around and making eye contact with everyone when we are out and about.You still love music. No surprise there. You go to bed every night listening to worship songs and waking up to them too. I sing to you when no one else is around. I am definitely lacking in the musical abilities but you love for me to sing to you anyway. You always smile when I sing "Jesus loves me" and laugh when I sing "The Itsy Bitsy Spider". When you were sick yesterday, I sang "Healer" to you as I rocked you. Even though it sounded nothing like Kari Jobe's version, you knew it. You instantly relaxed and within a couple of minutes were asleep.These days you grab on to everything around you. Toys. Clothes. Earrings. Your favorite is definitely hair. You pull my hair. You pull Daddy's hair. You don't discriminate...you pull everyone's hair. You love to rub your hands on Daddy's beard. Every once in a while you will give it a good yank and he squeals. It's pretty comical. You always have a hold of your feet. If you have socks on, you yank and yank until you have pulled them off.You love to play "Peek-a-boo" or "Where's Madelyn?". I enjoy it too. You are quite the ticklish little thing. Your thighs and tummy seem to be the best spots to really get you laughing. Speaking of laughing...your laugh is the sweetest little laugh I have ever heard. I am not sure how exactly how long you are or how much you weigh because we have not been to the doctor in a month!! That's a record!!! I am so proud of you! I do know that you are a growing girl. This month you moved up to size 2 diapers and you are in 3-6 month clothes full time now. Both of your eyes are starting to turn brown. The right more so than the left. Sometimes they look really blue and sometimes they look hazel. Soon enough I am sure they will be dark brown. You are such a good eater. You eat every 3 1/2-4 hours (some days longer and when your reflux is really bad you only go a couple of hours). You LOVE oatmeal cereal. You really have the hang of it. I have not given it to you every day, but I should because you really like it. You love to grab the spoon and guide it in to your mouth. I can't believe that in just a months time you will be moving on to eating more foods.
Madelyn, I am 292 months old (wouldn't it be funny if that's how adults referred to their age?). The five months that you have been in my life have been the most joyful, challenging, love filled months so far. As your Daddy and I have been busy watching the Winter Olympics, I have looked on as the cameras get a shot of the proud moms in the stands cheering on their babies. Last night we watched as a 21 year old American speed skater won a silver medal. As she crossed the finish line, the camera man quickly zoomed in on a crying mother yelling, "That's my baby! That's my baby!". It was a special moment for me as I held you in my arms. You are my baby girl and you always will be. I love you sweet girl.

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comment love! :)

Friend Counter