Thursday, February 11, 2010

It's snowing! It's snowing!

This is what the little snuggle bug looked like at 9:30am this morning when she was waking from her slumber. She was so cute all snuggled up with her lovey bear...She slept in her swing in the living room so that she and Luke would not be disturbed by my constant up and down. I was so impressed with how well she slept for him considering our record the last several nights!

All day it has been either sleeting or snowing or both. The ground will turn white. The sleet will be mixed with rain for a while and the white will disappear. Then you look outside 30 minutes later and it is white again! Since I started to feel SO much better by mid morning, I thought it might be a pretty productive day around the house. I was wrong. I was pretty lazy for the majority of the day. My husband did accomplish something that I have been wanting to get done. He hung Madelyn's three month pictures on the wall above her crib. I bought each of those frames for $7 at Michaels on clearance...I am so proud of how they turned out!
Since moving Madelyn's nursery downstairs, we have not been able to do all the little finishing touches on the walls. I think he did an awesome job and I can't wait to get a few more things taken care of before I take pics of "Madelyn's Nursery Take 2".
For the last hour or so the snow has been steady and really starting to stick! I had to go pick up some prescriptions for Madelyn (I noticed she had thrush on top of everything else so the doctor called in a prescription for it) and had an "only in East Texas" encounter with the cutest little old man. "What is it with all you young people out fiddle fartin' around? I wouldn't be out if I didn't have to be but all you crazy kids are out piddle paddlin' and fee fartin' around town in these near whiteout conditions." It was all I could do not to laugh hysterically at him. "Sir, I would not be here if I did not need to get my daughter's medicine. I am here for the same reason you are and with all due respect, it's not really near whiteout conditions out there either." "You try driving without windshield wipers that work and tell me it's not like near whiteout conditions out there. Try it on your way home. You'll see. Then you wouldn't be saying that and you sure wouldn't be out fiddle fartin' around town." At this point the teenager behind the counter is pretending to straighten things behind the counter as he laughs uncontrollably at the conversation that just took place. I was at a loss for words. I was tempted to tell him to stop "fiddle fartin" and get those wipers replaced.

At the house, the near whiteout conditions made for quite the scene out the back windows...
Something about snow in East Texas turns adults in to giddy little children...
who "fiddle fart" around in it in their flip flops...and let their 20 week old baby try her first bite of (fresh) snow...I have read on several blogs from around the country lately of people making "snow ice cream" with all their freshly fallen snow. Since "real snow" is hard to come by around these parts, we thought we would give it a try. I have not had it since I was in junior high on a youth group ski trip. It was so yummy!

To make your very own snow ice cream you need:
1 gallon of fresh snow (not the lemon flavored kind as my sister put it)
2 cups of milk
1 cup of sugar
a touch of vanilla
Just stir them all together...and serve it up...The first 10 bites were awesome. Then sugar overload set in. It has been such a fun day of feeling better, enjoying God's creation and family.
I know the snow will probably be gone by lunch time but I look forward to taking it in tomorrow morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comment love! :)

Friend Counter