Thursday, June 10, 2010

a letter to camp

Dear Daddy,
Could you please come home soon? Mommy and I miss you so much. She told me that you are having fun with the students at camp, but could that really be as fun as changing my stinky diapers and playing with me on the floor?

Since we dropped you off on Monday, Mom has been taking lots of pictures. There is nothing new about that, but I think she just doesn't want you to miss all the cute things that I have been doing (at least that's what she says when she holds that big black thing in my face).

I have been eating really well (as usual).

Monday night Mommy and I went to Grandma and Grandpa's house to say goodbye to Great Uncle Mark. He was heading to see Great Grandma and Grandpa in North Carolina. He said to tell you, "Bye" for him.
I was pretty tired when we took this picture...that's why I have on my pajamas and a frown on my face.
I fell asleep in the car on the way home and slept through the night for Mommy. She was thankful, I'm sure of it. The next day we woke up and just lounged around the house in the morning. I had fun playing with my toys while Mommy read her book.

I kept crawling under my activity table and getting stuck. Mommy would move it and I would crawl right back under it. Mommy said that wasn't very smart because it didn't take long for my smile...
to turn into screams.
Mommy finally put that away because she was tired of having to rescue me.

Grandma bought me this cool new teething pacifier called a Raz. I love it.
It has all kinds of bumps and places to chew on it that feels good in my mouth.

Why didn't you people get me one of these sooner?

Tuesday afternoon we went to Chick-fil-A with Ms. Jenna and her cute boys. Then we went to Target (of course). Mommy had an eventful time when we got home. I don't know all the details, but Uncle Jarrod had to come over in case we needed protection from the electrician who was a little tipsy (whatever that means). Then we ate dinner at Aunt Marlo's house and I played with cousin Alli. I was so tired when we made it home. I slept until 10:30am the next morning!!

It was raining hard when I woke up so I watched the rain come down outside while I ate my breakfast. I hope it hasn't been raining on you at camp!
Mommy kept taking lots of pictures of me eating...I couldn't figure out why!

After breakfast Mommy showed me this new brush she bought for my teeth that are coming in. Ever since these pearly whites popped through last Monday she has been telling me all about how to keep them clean.
She decided to let me "explore" it this morning. I like the big round fat side the best.
But the brush end is pretty neat too.
It feels great on my gums!
I loved watching the rain today. Mommy kept finding me by the window.
When I wasn't at the window, I was always at her feet. I think she forgot my name (but I didn't tell her-I didn't want her to feel bad) because she kept calling me her little "shadow". Doesn't sound like Madelyn to me, but that's OK. I'll answer to anything.
Last night I didn't sleep too well. Mommy was up a lot. I think we both had trouble sleeping because we miss you.
That's all we've been up to since you've been gone. We can't wait to see you tomorrow.

I love you and miss your hugs,
Madelyn Kate


  1. Maddie - I love your letter to Dad! I know that he misses you and your mom too. It should be exciting at your house this weekend. Give Papa a hug from me when you see him this weekend. I will see you soon too. Love, GiGi

  2. Very sweet! Enjoy seeing Daddy this weekend!!


Thank you for the comment love! :)

Friend Counter