Monday, August 17, 2009

Bed Side

Some exciting news...my contractions have really slowed down! They are completely inconsistent (which is a good thing until we are ready to deliver). For this I am so thankful. Madelyn is apparently enjoying the rest because she has not been quite as active as she normally is. Although it makes me feel better when I feel her bouncing around and see her feet move around from one side of my belly to the other, I know that she is just fine!

I have to say that I enjoy making our home just that...our home! I like to buy or make things that represent who we are and display as many pictures of family and friends as I possibly can in effort to make our house a place that truly puts on display our lives. It's been one of my favorite "hobbies" if you will since Luke and I got married and pretty much everything that is in our house accomplishes this task. Recently there was a new addition to our bedroom decor that I never really thought I would see in my house.
Behold: Our new bed side table. Lacking the attractive appeal (to put it nicely) of my cute little black table that I purchased at First Monday in Canton, this card table is something I have come to appreciate greatly over the last few days! What is all that junk cluttering your eye sore of a new bed side table you ask?? A few of the essentials to surviving bed rest of course:

1. Home Phone- for answering and conversing with kind people who are paid to annoy those who have to stay at home during the day. (I have to confess: I have made a sport out of seeing how long of a conversation I can have with one of those kind people before I can't take it anymore and ask them to take us off of their list! I should get a stop watch for accuracy but so far 31 minutes is the longest I held out!)
2. Cell Phone- for talking to all the people that I really want to talk to.
3. Lamp- this acts as my sunrise and sunset considering I have not so much as even stepped outside in 5 days.
4. Journal- that I have not written anything in but have open and ready if the mood strikes me.
5. Bills- do I need to explain?
6. Bibles- 3 different translations because that's how we roll in the Bilberry household :)
7. Lint Roller- because I am addicted...even while on bed rest. Down blankets make this a necessary twice daily activity.
8. Magazines- I got a new addition yesterday thanks to mom: Real Simple! I love it and it makes me want to jump up out of bed and organize our cabinets and closets!
9. Books- Baby Wise, The Note by Angela Hunt, Your Pregnancy Week by Week etc.
10. Camera- So I don't miss a single thing...haha...but if you know me, you know I don't go anywhere without my camera!
11. Flip Video Camera- ??? maybe I should do a video diary of this journey to play back for Madelyn when she is 13 and says that I am making her life miserable...I could just remind her she did it first :) Disclaimer-I am not really miserable.
12. Back scratcher thingy ma jig- isn't it obvious?
13. Lip Gloss- to put on right before the hubby gets home.
14. Chap stick- for once the lip gloss dries out my lips.
15. Uno & a deck of cards & Farkel- for game time of course!
16. Newks Cup- for hydration purposes.
17. Fan Remote- what a glorious thing! Controlling the room temperature from bed!
18. TV Remote- is not useful between the hours of 9am-6pm because day time television leaves a lot to be desired especially when you only have 7 channels.
19. Purses- in hopes that I will clean them out while I have the time!
20. iPhone- that does not function as a phone but gives me my daily (ok hourly) fix for my new found addiction to solitaire. I am a champ.
21. Boxes of Cards- to write and address to people that I love and appreciate, but if history repeats itself will never get mailed. It's the thought that counts right?
22. Picture of our little girl- to remind me that spending my days horizontal will be completely worth it in a few weeks (and to enjoy my time in bed as soon it will be a thing of the past!)
As I said before, just a few of the essentials.

*Kathryn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comment love! :)

Friend Counter