Wednesday, August 5, 2009

the bump













Weeks 29-32 (Month 7): Squash

Baby’s energy is surging, thanks to the formation of white fat deposits beneath the skin. (Have those kicks and jabs to the ribs tipped you off yet?) Baby is also settling into sleep and waking cycles, though -- as you’ve also probably noticed -- they don’t necessarily coincide with your own. Also this month, all five senses are finally functional, and the brain and nervous system are going through major developments.

A fun resource for all the pregnant ladies out there is thebump.com! It has a lot of great information and interesting things to read along the way! I am sharing with you above one of the features that I have enjoyed the most from the site: "how big is baby?"! Although I have never seen a squash that is 16 inches long ((not sure where they get their produce)), I have come to the conclusion that the fruit/veggie comparisons that they make are the size of the baby's body minus the arms & legs :) Who knows?? But that's what I keep telling myself.

Pay attention to the last sentence up there:
Also this month, all five senses are finally functional, and the brain and nervous system are going through major developments. I am attributing these developments to a series of events that have occurred recently in my life that I am CONFIDENT would otherwise not have happened. I mean if our sweet little girl's brain is growing...where could all that goodness be coming from other than her mommy's?? Leaving me with what I like to call prego brain!

Here are few of the series of events I just spoke of. They are in no particular order. Do not hold this against me. Please!

Event # 1:
Yesterday, while shopping, I had a couple of pool toys in my hand that I was going to purchase for my niece. I walked around for 20 minutes or so with them in my hands and decided it was time to go. I proceeded to walk out the door with the
unpaid items in my hands!! I could see the headlines flash on the TV screen as I looked down in horror when I tried to get my keys out of my purse: Pregnant Student Pastor's Wife Steals from DOLLAR STORE!

Event # 2:
While cleaning up after cooking dinner one night this week I placed the left over sugar snap peas in the microwave instead of the fridge...and did not realize it until the next day when I wanted to eat them.

Event # 3:
I brushed my teeth with my face wash. Then hopped in the shower and washed my hair with body wash. I realized what I had done, yet I STILL proceeded to wash my body with my shampoo.

I could have a much lengthier list, but my pride is telling me to stop...and I agree with my pride. Please reassure me that this is because my daughter is going to be the smartest little girl you have ever met, thus she needs all her mommy's brain cells during this vital time in her development. And if you do not think that is the reason, kindly keep your comments to yourself :)

*Kathryn

1 comment:

  1. So what is my excuse for getting all of my groceries at Wal-mart going through the check out and then realizing that I didn't even bring in my purse?:) I hate to tell you...I think some of those brain cells we loose in pregnancy never return!:0

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comment love! :)

Friend Counter