Sunday, August 23, 2009

a new day

I am so thankful to wake up each morning to a new day! Yesterday wasn't bad. It just doesn't stick out in my mind as a great one.

Since my feelings about yesterday were less than peachy I decided I would reflect bullet style on the good things that took place:
  • My hubby was able to stay home & hang out with me for most of the day.
  • He cleaned out my closet and neatly organized all my shoes, purses, and clothes! My closet is a source of great anxiety for me, yet I continue to let it get out of control--so this was much needed and for that I am thankful!
  • I sorted through all the 0-9 months hand me down clothes from my nieces and organized them in to baskets by age to put in Madelyn's closet! Thank goodness for hand-me-downs!!
  • My eyes did not become sprinklers at all yesterday...woo-hoo! This is rare lately (even though the tears are usually over absolutely nothing but are completely uncontrollable.)
  • Mom brought me some essentials that we will need for our hospital bag! I am still somewhat clueless as what all to pack, but thanks to some facebook friends I have a better idea now!
Wheh! Yesterday is painted a little differently now in my mind! It's amazing what taking the time to really think about and appreciate the things that we are grateful for will do to our attitudes. Gratitude is a powerful thing!

On the baby front: I did have contractions that were more intense than they have ever been yesterday evening and into the night. About 3am I had a couple of those "take your breath away" kind of contractions that the doctor had told me about. The good news is...they weren't happening consistently and there were only 2 of them!!

I have been thinking a lot in the last 24 hours about what we need to do to be ready for our sweet girl when she comes. Is it terrible that despite the fact that I have a rather lengthy list of things to buy and things to do, that the one thing that I keep dwelling on in my mind is that I have not bought her even one single bow??? Isn't this essential?? I guess I am going to have to find a good online bow retailer and get busy with my online shopping skills! Any suggestions? I do have a few headbands that you clip bows on to--but where do you actually get the bows that clip on to those the right way without hurting their heads? I need a bow lesson...and I need it fast. Help me!

My hubby just left for church an hour ago. He has such a passion and desire for students and families to know Jesus in an intimate way. I love the way he loves God. And I love the way he loves people. I can't wait to witness his love for our little girl! I have already seen his love for his unborn child, but I can't imagine how much greater it will be when he holds her in his arms for the first time. What a precious moment that will be!

This verse out of Lamentations 3:22-23 has been on my mind this morning:
"The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness."

I am so thankful for a new day. I am thankful for new mercies. I can't wait to see what today will bring!

*Kathryn

2 comments:

  1. Hey Kathyrn, my sister Lexi makes great bows and she sells them on her etsy page! Here is the link: http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5661017

    Enjoy!

    <3 Melody

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bigbowbaby.com

    i think my sisters could single-handedly keep them in business!!

    their bows are coordinated to match a large majority of the gymboree lines!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comment love! :)

Friend Counter