Saturday, August 1, 2009

I know that you are for me

Yesterday as Luke and I were sharing about a mutual burden for a dear friend, he mentioned a song by Kari Jobe, "You are for me". As we sat together and listened to the words of the song, God really started to stir my heart. The song describes the attributes of God and leads in to a chorus that says:


I know that you are for me, I know that you are for me
I know that you will never, forsake me in my weakness
I know that you have come now
Even if to write upon my heart
To remind me who you are

It seems like it is so easy, especially in our moments of struggle or hardship, to doubt if God is on our side. I think the number one question that Luke gets asked by students is, "Why does God make me go through bad times?". This is one of those questions, that usually no answer will really satisfy the one who is asking. So many times we place ourselves, through our choices or even sheer disobedience, in a position that is uncomfortable at best. We lack a confidence in Him, that He will carry us through. Just as the Bible says in Joshua 1:5, "I will not leave you or forsake you", this song reminds us that even in our moments of weakness, He is there for us. He is on our side. He will not forsake us. It breaks my heart for these students and young girls in particular, who have yet to find their identity in Him. It is only when we are truly able to say we know who we are, can we begin to know who He is.

I pray that as Madelyn grows, she will know who she is in Christ. That He is for her.


Check out the song here: You Are For Me
(When my techno savvy hubby gets home I will have him post the video to my blog- but until then, just follow the link)

*Kathryn


**Obviously he made it home so there is no need to follow the link unless you are having trouble viewing the video from the blog! Thank goodness for the techno savvy husband!)**



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comment love! :)

Friend Counter