Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Family

I bet the last few days you (assuming there is someone out there reading this) have been thinking that I was not kidding when I wrote this post 2 weeks ago! Despite popular suspicions, I have not fallen off the band wagon so soon. I have just had an eventful 4 days to say the least. Friday morning Luke & I drove to Waco to have lunch with his family before they moved his sister in to her new apartment. We were able to see Kenda's old apartment and eat lunch at a yummy Mexican food restaurant before we had to hit the road again. I forgot to take any pictures while we were there, but I did manage to get a picture of my Oger feet while we were on our way home. One lesson I learned on Friday is that riding in a car for 2 hours followed by sitting for 2 hours at your destination and then turning around to drive the 2 hours home = Oger feet!! It was painful and disturbing all at the same time. Needless to say, my traveling days are pretty much over until Madelyn comes. *I love riding in the car with my husband. It seems like we talk the whole way wherever we are going and laugh at each other (mainly me).*

While we were on our mini trip to Waco, my Grandma, aunts and cousin were making their way to Texas from Oklahoma City! They were in town from Friday-Monday & we had a great time!!
This was their first time to meet little Allison and she loved her Great Grandma! Here are some more pictures from the weekend:
They surprised me with a little shower for Madelyn on Saturday! It was super sweet and very special!! Madelyn got some cute clothes to add to her wardrobe as well as a few other baby essentials. Check out the "jersey" Luke and I are holding below with Madelyn's official soccer nickname, Mad Kat, courtesy of the Ammons.I love spending time with family.

*Kathryn

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comment love! :)

Friend Counter