Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Tuesday

A little while back I stumbled upon info about a Hillsong United concert in Frisco and checked to see if there were any tickets left. There were 2! I was excited and decided I would surprise Lukey with the tickets. It would be our last pre-baby concert/Dallas getaway. Plans changed obviously...and I am not sure it would have been the smartest choice for little Madelyn's hearing anyways...but after much reassurance from me that I would survive 1 night without him, Luke decided that he would go with a friend. So tonight, they are worshiping with 6,000 other people in Frisco, Texas. I would be lying if I didn't say that I am just a bit jealous, but I am SO glad that he decided to go! This is one of our favorite songs (although there are many more that are just as awesome):

The first time I heard this song, I was sitting on the side of a mountain in Mexico in the summer of 2007. Luke had put together a play list on my ipod for that trip. It was pretty powerful looking out over His creation and hearing the words to that song!

Of course Luke didn't have anything to worry about leaving me alone tonight...my mom wasn't going to let me hang out by myself all night! Although bed rest would not be something I would choose, I have gotten some great hang out time in with my mom! Thanks mom!

I tried my hand at bow making again today. I have a few that I made to match specific outfits that I have to share:
This is one of my favorites! We bought this onesie when I was sure we were having a boy. Dressed up with a cute bow...who would ever know the difference??
I can't wait to take pictures of Madelyn in all these little outfits! I have a feeling I am going to be one of those obnoxious parents with my camera in hand at all times. And that excites me!

I am thankful that we have made it to 33 weeks and that bed rest seems to be doing the trick. My prayer daily is that she continues to grow and get stronger so that she will be ready in just 4 short weeks when we get to see her! Sometimes it is so hard to sit in silence and not let your mind wander to all the things that could happen. I am thankful that God goes before us and knows what will happen. I have my weekly doctor's appointment on Thursday so hopefully we will know a little more about what day I am going to deliver. She told me last week that she would not let me go past 37 weeks but wants to get over the 36 week mark. That means it could be anywhere from September 16 to the 23rd. We shall see...

Today was such a good day on bed rest. I could feel our little one rolling around inside. I could see a body part move from one side of my stomach to the other and back again. I didn't feel any big contractions at all. I slept. I slept some more. And I am about to sleep again.

Thank you for your prayers and encouragement! It means so much!

*Kathryn

3 comments:

  1. Kathryn,
    I am so glad you are updating us on FB. I miss seeing your beautiful smile at school :( I am so happy for you and know that you are in good hands. I will continue to pray for you and I can't wait to meet sweet Madelyn! Hope to see you soon,
    Renee

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your bows! You did an awesome job. The outfits are precious. She will be the best dressed baby in town. You are almost there. Won't be long now.
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Kathryn,
    Aunt Sharon got me to the blog, plus Aunt Nancy yesterday. Love your bows and it is so neat to read this - it's like talking to you. Tell Daddy hi and I love you both. Grandma McAfee

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comment love! :)

Friend Counter