Saturday, August 1, 2009

mmm mmm good

A lot of people have asked me since I have been pregnant, "Have you had any weird cravings?". For the most part, the answer is no! But there is one thing that is very weird about the few things that I have craved; every time I crave something in particular, Luke is hungry for the same thing. Yes, you heard right! I have had SO many people tell me about their husbands having sympathy pains or that they can't sleep when their wives can't sleep. Not mine. He is snoozing right next to me as we speak. He has sympathy cravings!

Last night we were returning some movies to Red Box (which I happen to think everyone should check out-movies for $1 a day) and I told Luke that I had been thinking a lot about Texas Roadhouse. At just about the same time we said we wanted a nice big salad! What's really funny about this is the fact that if you have ever been to Texas Roadhouse, salad is not normally the first thing that people rave about. The peanuts, rolls with cinnamon butter, and maybe a steak with some good Southern sides is what normally comes to mind. So we laughed for a minute and decided it was meant to be.

So we called in our order (the lines are soooo long on Friday & Saturday nights) and headed to Pier One to kill some time before it was ready. Luk
e has been looking for a little podium of sorts to use on Wednesdays & Sundays when he is teaching. He found this one while we were looking around and had to "try it out"!
After 20 minutes of looking at a lot of really nice things we'd like to have and talking about where we would put them in our house if we had them, we headed to pick up our dinner.

There were probably 30 people standing around outside waiting for their numbers to be called. I was so thankful we got ours to go!
Now some of you are looking at ^ that picture asking yourselves, "I thought she said they were getting salads? What is that next to the salad?". Well this is what happened...I called in our orders of 2 chicken salads to go and even resisted the temptation when the girl on the other end asked if we wanted extra rolls. When I hung up the phone, my sympathy craving husband says, "I thought you would have gotten a sweet potato!". So I picked the phone back up, dialed their number again, & added it to my order!And can I tell you that it was the best loaded sweet potato that I have ever eaten??? I am thinking Madelyn is a fan too. She was bouncing around after dinner. Or maybe it was the marshmallows & caramel sauce on the potato :)No, Thank YOU Texas Roadhouse!!

*Kathryn

1 comment:

  1. Holy moley....that looks soooo good! Why did I read this post at midnight? Now I'm hungry! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comment love! :)

Friend Counter