Sunday, August 16, 2009

Cute PJ's

It's amazing what a cute pair of pajamas can do for a girl!

The last thing I want to do and the last thing you want to read is me whining...so I hope that you know that is not at all what the sentences to follow are meant to be. Whew! Now that I got that off my chest I can get back to what I was saying before.

It's amazing what a cute pair of pajamas can do for a girl! Probably the #1 thing on the short list I have compiled titled "The downfalls of being horizontal", is feeling really UNcute!! Considering 22 1/2 hours out of each day I am supposed to spend on one side or the other in bed, doing my hair and make-up isn't exactly top priority (or practical)! I haven't put on "real" clothes in 4 days...I mean really, what's the point?? But due to my increasing size as little Maddie grows, I had pretty much resorted to sweatpants and Luke's t-shirts which only added to my feelings of UNcuteness.

In steps mom...she basically saved the day and the ones that are to come! She restored my much needed feelings of girly-ness by buying me 3 super cute pairs of PJ's! So cute in fact that I chose to spend 5 of my precious vertical minutes on a mini photo shoot with the hubby of me in one of favorite pj sets that she got me! I put on these pj's and instantly felt female again-although it's hard to forget you are female when you are carrying a child-so let me clarify: I felt like a cute female again :)

On another note:
When I very first started this blog waaaay back 3 weeks ago I mentioned my collection of journals that only have a few short entries before they are tossed to the side. Tonight as my hubby was cleaning some things out for me while I bossed really politely from the bed, he stumbled upon one of my rather lengthy journal attempts. I mean, I had written in it from 6-25-06 all the way until 2-16-08!! and it only took me 12 pages!! You get the picture. It was one of my failed attempts for sure and I am willing to bet that I purchased at least half a dozen additional journals during that time which also have fallen victim to my inability to write on a consistent basis. It made me laugh.

My contractions were even more sporadic today! The most I had in 1 hour was 3 so I would say that is true progress! I guess this whole bed rest thing actually serves a purpose!

*Kathryn

1 comment:

  1. You are so cute! Praying for you as you finish out this fun journey and begin an even better one. Love the blog!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comment love! :)

Friend Counter