Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Proverbs 22:6

Madelyn probably has enough Christmas outfits to wear a different one each day between now and Christmas. Sad, I know. Baby clothes are just so darn cute. I know she does not need 1 single thing in the size she is currently in, yet I see something and think of how cute she would be in it. I need to stop. Seriously. No more 0-3 months clothes buying for this little one!!

I couldn't locate ((in the bazillion different piles of baby clothes in our house that desperately need one, shared home)) Madelyn's brown tights today so I thought I would try her newborn jeans on in the off chance that my little chunker might squeeze those big 'ol thighs in them. Much to my surprise they still fit. Perfectly.
There have been SO many moments along this journey that I get overwhelmed because of how blessed I truly am. I am grateful to be married to my best friend. Thankful that we have been able to experience the miracle of birth together. In awe of God's faithfulness in our toughest situations. So many moments that leave you breathless. Then there are moments like this...
Moments when your hubby lays down on the floor next to his 12 pound little girl to read The Jesus Storybook Bible (which he simply could not wait to buy for her and talked about every day until he was able to pick it up last night) to her. Moments when you sit back and think, how could it possibly get any better than this??
I am so blessed. In love with my hubby, our little girl and our awesome creator.

Sometimes I daydream about the future. I have learned not to wish away days, but to cherish each as it's own and for what it is. But I do find myself daydreaming about what Madelyn will sound like when she is talking, if she will be a good student, what activities she might be involved in when she gets older and so on. I wondered if mine and Luke's moms had those very thoughts when we were this age. If we turned out the way they dreamed we would. I am sure along with the triumphs there were letdowns on their journey as mothers. Not everything goes as expected. One thing I know for sure, my husband's mom has much to be proud of. Her son is a man who loves Jesus above all. He constantly puts other's needs before his own. Loves his wife with all that he has and is a daddy who is already pointing his little one to Jesus.

Train up a child in the way he should go, and even when he is old he will not depart from it.
-Proverbs 22: 6

3 comments:

  1. That is just about the cutest picture! What a blessing to have her be surrounded by parents who teach her about Jesus. I know Emma has already been very exposed to Him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So precious. I absolutely love when my husband has moments like that with my children too.

    So precious

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know you'll never believe it now....but it continues to get better& better & better the older the kiddos get & the longer you're married. Kind of like the way you thought you were madly in love on your wedding day but now you can look back & think "Boy...I had no idea what love was" because you've come SO far together & your feelings have grown & matured & blossomed. It's the same sort of thing. I look at my life today & think "WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW....I just thought I was blessed in 1996 when we had our first child......."

    Hang on tight girlie, the ride gets better with every bump & twist & turn. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comment love! :)

Friend Counter